HCC Training Program
by Joe Coker
This spring HCC is organizing two valuable training programs. The total expense is being partly subsidized by the Club resulting in a very reduced cost to individual participants. Everyone is strongly encouraged to take advantage of these great membership benefit opportunities. You owe it to yourself and your fellow paddlers!
1. First Aid / CPR Certification
• Saturday, April 21, 2012.
Certified Instructor: Patti Carothers.
Location to be announced.
Class size: Min 5 - Max 10.
Duration: Approx 7 hours.
Early Registration Deadline: Monday, April 16. Register NOW!!
Contact: Joe Coker at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ACA Level II River Kayaking
• Saturday, May 12, 2012. All day.
• Learn, Practice, Improve! (Note: this is a prerequisite for the Trip Leader
• Skill Level: Beginner to intermediate. Flat water up to Class 1 whitewater.
• Focus: Strokes, Maneuvers, Techniques--launching, landing, essential paddling
(Primarily for kayaks but limited number of canoes will be accepted.)
strokes, braces, eddy turns, peel outs, ferrying. Rescue and Recovery--wet exit,
deep-water rescue, throw rope, etc. Equipment, safety, hypothermia, hazards,
• Certified ACA Instructors.
Location: Hidalgo Falls (Navasota). All day--BYO food and drinks.
• Class Size: Min 5--Max 10.
Net of HCC subsidy, depending on number of participants, individual cost range
$20 to $40 per person.
• Early Registration Deadline: Sunday, May 6. FCFS. This class will fill up quickly.
• Contact: Joe Coker at email@example.com
| Joe Coker